Friday, December 10, 2004

Cagayan de Oro

I will be in Cagayan de Oro from Dec 11-13, 2004 to visit the University President. While I am away, you will be viewing the uncut version of Cinema Paradiso, a film directed by Giuseppe Tornatore. Duration of the uncut version is almost 174 minutes, so that's almost three hours! I have made instructions that the movie starts at exactly 1:05 PM this Saturday after our beadle (Ms. Dimples Gentiles) has checked the attendance.

I would like you to read the Introduction to Cinema Paradiso and an essay by Barbara Poyner as posted here in the blog .

We will have the last movie for the first grading on December 18, 2004. After the movie, there will be a major written examination. Please bring with you three (3) sheets of yellow paper, a pen and your examination permit for the Prelim exam.

Make sure you watch the films these two Saturdays (Dec 11 and 18). Most of the items in the examination will be based on the two recent films. So I enjoin you to make necessary notes while viewing the film, focus on the elements of film. Also review all the articles and readings I have assigned in class.

You can consult me through email or through the phone (82) 221.2411 local 8303. Or you can visit the Admissions Office anytime as long as I do not have other appointments. If you want to have an appointed time to consult me, please email me ahead of time so I can put you on my appointment calendar.

Advance happy holidays!